Tree Removal Services
We Can Help With Your Tree Removals
If you’re in the Twin Cities or Western Wisconsin, we provide professional Tree Removal Services near you. We have the skills, experience and training to handle any sized job.
Do You Need a Tree Removed?
- Is your tree damaged or dying?
- Has it outgrown its location?
- Is there a safety hazard related to the tree?
- Are tree issues causing problems with your neighbors?
- Is a tree is in the way of an upcoming project
Our Experienced, Certified Arborists Can Handle Any Situation
Whatever your situation, our Certified Arborists and highly trained staff have the experience, equipment, and skills to handle it.
- No job is too big or too small.
- We excel at large tree removals.
- Decades of experience in Crane-Assisted Tree Removal.
- Specialized equipment helps remove trees in tight or difficult spots.
- Experience and training to safely work near electrical utilities.
- We’ll remove your trees safely, efficiently and with minimal impact to your property.
You’ll get exceptional service from the first contact to the final clean up.
We stand behind our work to ensure your complete satisfaction.
I can’t remember when I have been so impressed with a company on the fairness of cost, promptness of giving us a quote and on the time schedule for removal of the tree. The guys were friendly and very professional in the work. They had all the necessary equipment needed for the job…A pleasure to do business with them! -Linda, Bloomington
Why Use Expert Tree Service & Science?
What Sets Us Apart
How Does This Work?
Contact us to schedule your Free Estimate.
One of our Certified Arborists will visit your property to evaluate your trees.
You’ll get an honest assessment of your trees, and we’ll prepare a detailed estimate.
We’ll happily answer any questions you have.
Once you give us the go-ahead, we’ll get you on our schedule.
We’ll request locates for underground utilities, such as gas, electric, telephone and internet. You take care of marking the location of underground sprinklers and pet fences. We’ll contact you the week before the work to confirm the date and time.
On the scheduled day, we bring the necessary crew and equipment to do the work.
Your trees are safely and efficiently removed, with minimal impact to your property.
We thoroughly clean up the work site, and check in with you to be sure you’re satisfied.
Once the project is completed to your satisfaction, we accept payment by check or credit card.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tree Removals
We’ve put together the answers to some of the most common questions we get.
Hiring the right tree care company is critical to ensuring the health and safety of your valuable trees.
When evaluating a tree care company:
- Verify that they have workers’ compensation and liability insurance. Ask for Certificates of Insurance, and call their insurance company to make sure the policy is current.
- Check their reputation. Ask for references and check online ratings.
- Be sure you understand the work to be done and the cost to complete the work.
- Verify that they have ISA Certified Arborists on staff, and ask to see their credentials. This designation ensures you that they understand the proper ways to assess, maintain, and when necessary- safely remove your trees.
- It’s usually not necessary to provide any money up front. Work should be paid upon satisfactory completion of the job.
- Good tree work is not inexpensive. Be wary of any estimates that fall well below average.
Caring for your valuable trees is an ongoing process. Hiring a company that you can trust and develop a professional relationship with will ensure your trees get the best care possible. We’ve created a Free downloadable checklist to help you choose the right company. Click here for your Free copy.
While it might be tempting to remove your own tree to save money, the risk of injury and damage to your home and property greatly exceeds any potential savings.
Tree removal is an extremely dangerous activity. It is vitally important to have the proper equipment, training, and experience to safely remove a tree. We continually train to ensure the safety of our crews and your property.
Tree removal costs vary greatly. It is absolutely necessary to visit the tree in question- and your property- before giving you a firm estimate. Be very wary of any company willing to give you a quote over the phone or any type of verbal agreement.
Here are a few things we consider when determining the price for a tree removal:
- Size of tree (height and diameter).
- Ease of access to the property.
- Dangerous conditions (proximity to power lines, busy roads, etc.).
- Stability of the tree (tree is dead, infested/diseased or heavily decayed).
There are some misconceptions about pricing, too. Removing a large tree doesn’t necessarily mean high costs. However, the opposite can be true with small trees in challenging situations.
Although every company has their own ways of pricing, our goal is to be fair to both you and our organization.
Often the decision to remove a tree is clear. When a tree is dead, diseased, unstable, or presents a safety hazard, it must be removed.
Sometimes, the decision to remove a tree is not so clear. Fortunately, our Certified Arborists have the training and experience to help. We’ll accurately assess the health of your tree, and give you honest advice about what is best for you and your tree.
We’ll let you know if there are alternatives to removing a tree, and tell you the likelihood of saving it.
Depending on what is causing the decline of your tree, it may represent a safety hazard. Trees that are unstable can fall or lose branches, damaging property and injuring people.
If the decline of your tree is caused by disease or infestation, it is important to remove it before the condition can spread to surrounding trees.
Tree removals in the urban environment are very tricky. They are often sprawling over homes, driveways, and landscapes. Power lines and busy roads can also complicate removals. At Expert Tree, we have the proper equipment and training to get the job done. We’ll remove these trees safely, efficiently, and with minimal impact to the surrounding areas.
When trees are removed, each cut releases a heavy piece of wood and sends it into motion. Often, these pieces cannot be allowed to fall to the ground. We use ropes and other specialty tools to manipulate and control pieces and lower them to the ground. Sometimes, the safest and most efficient way to get a tree down is with a crane. Rigging is set, and we smoothly lift out cut limbs and logs. Crane work requires a great deal of knowledge and experience. It is important to consider only the most qualified companies.
Once removed, we chip the tree or haul it away. We place plywood or matts to protect sensitive areas from equipment. To protect lawns and blacktop, we place pads under the out-riggers of larger trucks. Finally, we make sure we leave your property neat and clean. We rake the grass and blow off the hard surfaces. We repair any small ruts or divots. Attention to the smallest details makes a difficult tree removal successful.
Absolutely! We have the equipment needed to quickly turn the stump into a pile of wood chips. We’ll thoroughly clean up the site and remove the chips. If you prefer, we can leave the chips behind for your use. Just let us know what you prefer.
At Expert Tree, we excel at Crane-Assisted Tree Removals. Using a crane offers many advantages over traditional tree removal.
- More efficient – With fewer cuts and the ability to remove larger portions of a tree, removals that might have taken multiple days can be done in a few hours.
- Increased Safety – There is less cutting, less lifting and carrying of wood, and greater safety for our crews.
- Less impact to property – Heavy pieces of wood are gently ‘floated’ over your home, garage, and driveway. Less equipment hauling logs across your yard means less impact to your property.
- Helps access trees in tight spots – We can access trees where space is tight, and remove trees where no ‘drop zone’ is available.
Not necessarily. The increased efficiency of using a crane greatly reduces the number of hours it takes to remove your tree. You may be surprised to learn that Crane-assisted removals can be surprisingly affordable.
I highly recommend Expert Tree – they are very professional and put customer service first.
They got right to work and finished cutting the trees very quickly. Everything was cleaned up–every twig and leaf, plus they hauled away extra brush from behind the garage. They left the yard cleaner than they found it!…I highly recommend Expert Tree…they are our “Tree Guys” now!
Meet the Team
The entire team at Expert Tree Service & Science is passionate about providing exceptional tree care and customer service.
We have an amazing team made up of Certified Arborists, our highly trained Ground Crew, Tree Climbers, and Equipment Operators. Not to mention our incredible Office and Sales Staff. Interested in joining our team? Click here for information on Career Opportunities at Expert Tree.
Find out why we’ve been awarded the Angie’s List Super Service Award for over ten years in a row!
From the initial visit to inspect the trees and provide a quote to the actual trimming and clean up, everyone involved was highly professional. Because of the location of the trees, they could not use a boom truck so the trimmers, Bennie and Manny, had to climb the trees using ropes from the ground. They were always careful in their work and asked me when they had questions about trimming certain limbs. It was amazing to watch them work 60 feet above the ground. Clean up was excellent. I would definitely use them again.